Early Career UX Designer
LOCATION: MINNEAPOLIS, MN, USA or REMOTE
COMPANY : CLOUDBURST, SBC
TYPE: FULL-TIME CONTRACT-TO-HIRE
Hone Your Craft. Love Your Life.
Cloudburst is a Twin Cities, Minnesota technology development company whose product-focused services and success-based payment model are making entrepreneurial expertise and quality technology accessible to non-technical startup founders of all backgrounds.
We are growing along with our clients and are hiring a full time Quality Engineer to join the Quality Assurance practice as a key member of our Product Development team.
We understand that bulleted lists of skill requirements and characteristics can prevent qualified people from applying. If our mission resonates with you, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Early Career UX Designer to play a key role in projects as part of a cross-functional product team. We're working with high-performing and high-potential entrepreneurs in start-ups and at scale. You’ll be involved in discovery, user research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and implementation.
To ensure success as an Early Career UX Designer, you should have a good working knowledge of design principles and patterns, the ability to learn new frameworks and methods quickly, and the ability to work in a team environment. Ultimately, a top-class Early Career UX Designer provides valuable support to the team while continually improving their design and research skills.
We meet our clients where they are at and tailor our user-centered design process as needed. Some of our efforts follow lean UX strategies, while other projects allow for more in-depth and ongoing research, including usability and observational studies.
We are looking for candidates that are eager to work and develop their skills in visual and interaction design as well as user research, across the lifespan of product development. It’s okay if you don’t have experience with all of that yet.
Some Early Career UX Designer Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the design, engineering and product teams to execute the product vision
- Assist in discovery and feedback sessions with clients and stakeholders
- Create deliverables, including personas, task flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Assist in planning and/or leading user-research opportunities
- Identify and advocate for improved usability (including accessibility) across your products
- Help build the Cloudburst brand
- Responding to requests from the team and product managers
- You have a track record of living our core values: Entrepreneurship, Partnership, Impact, and Craftsmanship
- You are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You enjoy learning as well as teaching
- You identify as a self-starter with an ability to deal with high amounts of ambiguity
- You have the ability and desire to speak directly with clients
- You get satisfaction from shared success and you embrace a long-term perspective
- You are able to communicate why our mission resonates with you and how your unique skills and experience will contribute to the success of our team and our clients
Working at Cloudburst means enjoying unique perks and benefits in addition to a culture of autonomy and flexibility. Learn about how our values of Entrepreneurship, Partnership, Impact, and Craftsmanship shape the way we work on our Careers page.